Thursday 11th March 2021
It is with deep sadness that we share the news that one of the Blaydon Rugby Football Club family: Robin Walker passed away overnight following a period of illness.
Robin was a true club man and represented Blaydon Rugby Club superbly in many ways…
- As a player, he played at all levels in the club moving down the teams to continue to play as years rolled on and then returned as a physio, such was his love of the his club and the game that is rugby. Couple of headlines:
- Came out of 1st team retirement to help club out when needed and played tight head against Ian McLauchlan (Mighty Mouse) versus Jordon Hill
- He started as a winger at Durham School
- As a physio – keeping many of the older Bricks players on the park far longer than they should have been there
- As a volunteer – arranging carnivals, groups and other events to help fund raising
- As Blaydon RFC Santa, for many years bringing joy to the children’s parties of the members at Blaydon RFC
Robin was a lovely man and a great bloke.
Our thoughts at this time are with Christine and his family, RIP Robin, You will be greatly missed and long remembered by all who knew you!
Further information and details will be posted as they become available.