Bricks had a bad day at the office and came off 2nd best against a strong Ryton 3rd team. On a day where Ryton had no 2nd team game, they sent a very strong 3rd team to play the Bricks and as against a month earlier, when Bricks scored 48 points against Ryton IIIs, Bricks suffered a heavy defeat in the league fixture.
Bricks had a decent side out but due to last minute cry offs a number of people were playing out of position, Bricks had little bench available, so players played on with knocks and Ryton exploited the situation.
It could and should have been a lot closer, for the first 30 mins the Bricks showed too much respect to the Ryton team and allowed a number of trys to be scored. Just before half time they realised they were not that big a gap between the sides and came back at Ryton and had good spells where they totally contested the fixture but the early trys had Ryton well in front.
Highs & lows:
- Good tackling from Divers (Playing back row) Savs, Harry and Damien
- Well taken try from Harry
- Joe cover tackling
- Savs & Chester making good yards
- Ryan with big yards & hits
- Joe Melia came on for us as we had a small bench
- Grumpy, the small bench came back from injury for his first game of the season and played 25mins, good to see him back.
- Neil ( Joe Melia)
- Ian Bennie
- Sean Pyle
- Joe Snowdon
- Damien (Paul Dingley)