Big thanks to Chobham who provided great entertainment to a packed Blaydon Rugby Club on Easter Sunday, with a tour theme of Strictly Come Dancing. It was great to see a club tour that maintains the spirit of touring and they certainly enjoyed themselves both on and off the field.
Its been a while since we had an Easter Sunday game and with the warm weather the side line was packed and everyone stayed for the post match antics, it was a really fun day for both Blaydon and Chobham and then Chobham went off to the town with a few of our guys for company.
The spoils on the field went to Blaydon, only just; 22 to 19 which was helped by the state the guys got off the bus, which allowed us to get 3 early trys and then defend the lead.
As far as the team we had on the day, aside from Joe Melia (who has played 4 games for us this season and is just on loan to the 2s while he’s young), was a Bricks squad player, with a number of people making a comeback as it was such a sunny day; Gerry, Big Lad, Simon Drennon, Mark Ward, Sean Pyle and Rodders.
Trys; Liam, Matt, Finnas & Joe
- Chobham started with a Hacka
- Savs and Stu Reay interplay left them spell bound
- Matt breaking through tackles
- Forwards were dominant in the scrums in the first half, but Chobham sent on reinforcements at half time
- Liam must have thought he was a supper hero, instead of running round two big forwards he tried to go through them
- Stu Bailey was everywhere and annoying Chobham
- Windy was stealing their line out ball
- Horse kicking the ball away, little bit of a huffy
- Drennon came on and showed what a class player he still is
- Tommy and Davy Hall had their gear and are looking to make a return
- Rodders showed a good clean pair of heels and was just unlucky not to score
- Joe made a try saving tackle, made his dad proud, then did a bullfighter move on the next one, but Stu Bailey helped him out
- Side line banter was great, although not very encouraging, more micky taking.
1. Finnas (Joe Melia)
2. Keith (Craig)
3. Paul W
4. Cliff (Horse)
5. Joe Melia ( Big Lad
6. Strachs (Ian Bennie)
7. Stu Bailey)
8. Windy (Simon Drennon)
9. Stu Reay ( Mark Ward)
10. Savs (Gerry)
11. Craig Barlow (Sean Pyle)
12 Thacks (Chester)
13. Matt (Hopey)
14. Liam (Rodders)
15. Phil Rayson (Joe Snowdon)