There has never been a more important time to support our Blaydon team than now, starting with their home game on Saturday against Huddersfield, please come along and show your support.
2017/18 has been frustrating, in effect a rebuilding season with Blaydon unexpectedly in a 2nd relegation battle following the loss of the majority of the our pack at the end of last season, but right now the outcome of the season is still in our own hands. Blaydon have 7 games remaining, 5 of which are at home, so a possible 35 points still to play for this season.
Matt Thompson has taken over as Head Coach, the rebuilding is underway as we look to the future at Blaydon. It’s strange for our Blaydon team to have a lighter, more mobile pack and its taking time to be successful with the new approach, we have certainly struggled recently on the heavy winter pitches. The positives, the grounds will harden and we have a back division that can reap havoc on the best of teams in National 2 North, with ball in hand.
Aligned with a more mobile team, we are starting the development of our Artificial Grass Pitch (AGP) on the 26th March so it’s ready for the 2018/19 season. To give our team the best chance of success on a good surface this season, we are moving the last 3 home games to the Falcons ground, Kingston Park.
Bruce Costello, on behalf of the Executive at Blaydon RFC
Below are the dates of our remaining games:
- 17th March at home to Huddersfield
- 24th March at home to Sedgley Park – Our last game on the grass pitch at Crowtrees.
- 31st March – home game, to be played at Kingston Park against Luctonians
- 7th April away to Sheffield Tigers
- 14th April – home game, to be played at Kingston Park against Sale FC
- 21st April away to South Leicester
- 28th April – last game of the season, home game, to be played at Kingston Park against Hinckley