Our target was set on expectation of up to a 3 month lockdown and we’re hoping that will still be the case, but there is a risk it could get extended for Pubs & Clubs as the phases for relaxation are developed. We’d appreciate if you’ve still to contribute, if you can, you continued with your donation. If any of the appeal funds aren’t require to cover operational costs, we’ll invest the money on improvements to the club.
With currently 130 donations paid into our JustGiving account or directly into our appeal bank account we are delighted to say we have today reached our £15,000 (100% of our target) in the short period since the appeal was launched on the 6th April, that’s amazing, thank you.
Where we are on other avenues of funding:
• We have received the £25,000 rates associated grant, this is currently being used to fund operational costs.
• Job Retention Scheme – all staff furloughed, 80% costs of wages submission made last week and payment expected with a 6 day turnaround.
• RFU Funding – Durham County RFU have made a contribution towards the costs of our summer pitch maintenance.
• Sport England emergency funding – submission made awaiting feedback.
Back to the appeal, some of your messages have been as valuable as the donation, in hearing how much the Rugby Club means to people and how big a part the Rugby Club plays, and has played, in people’s lives, here’s a selection:
• A club that’s provided opportunity for many…. let’s keep it going for many more!!!
• Our club, full of great people, massive part of my life, help if you can
• Have had many great times with the club. Well done all those working to secure the future of BRFC.
• Got to get behind a club that got behind our son. Great club full of fantastic people. Fingers crossed you reach your target as Saturdays wouldn’t be the same without you.
• Still have very fond memories of playing for the Club in the early 1960s. Good luck for the future
• From an original Brick in memory of happy times, many laughs and the odd bit of good rugby !
• Worth giving back something to a club that has always been most welcoming to all.
Please keep sharing details of the appeal please, fantastic so far, let’s keep it going.
Anyone wanting to make a donation, there are two main methods:
1. Bank Transfer into the dedicated appeal fund account. Please email us at email@example.com and we will provide the sort code and account details for this dedicated Appeal Fund Account.
2. Using a specially set up JustGiving crowdfunding appeal fund, the link is https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/blaydonrugbyappeal
Stay safe everybody, our thoughts are with those from our rugby family who are critical workers and a special THANK YOU to Carers and the NHS workers.
Thank you from Blaydon RFC